The most common reasons for dry and brittle hair can usually be found within your hair care regimen. Over processing with chemicals, excessive use of heat, lack of moisture, and using the wrong hair products are just a few. So what can you do to solve it?
1. Increase your deep conditioning sessions. Opt for at least once a week.
2. Moisturize your hair and ends daily.
3. Cut back on the heat. If you’re using heat daily, try to at least reduce it to once a week.
4. Protect your hair with satin/silk scarves and pillowcases at night.
5. Let go of the dead weight. If your hair is damaged, just cut it and get it over with.
6. Try protective hairstyling. Buns, braids, wigs or anything that will shield your hair and ends from the elements.